Methods of Sale
There are two ways to sell a property:
A Private Sale:
- Seachange Property will negotiate with a buyer to agree on a sale price.
- The contract of sale can be conditional. With your approval, the buyer can make the sale subject to obtaining a loan, a satisfactory building inspection report, or other conditions.
- For residential and small rural properties, the buyer has a three business day cooling-off period (with exceptions).
A Public Auction:
- Price is determined by competitive bidding between prospective buyers present.
- The contract is unconditional. The buyer cannot make it subject to conditions such as finance or inspection.
- There is no cooling-off period.
Seachange Property will recommend a method of sale based on the:
- type and location of your property
- market conditions
- your timeframe and personal preference.